HIGHLAND WHISKY AUCTIONS LTD
This website is operated by Highland Whisky Auctions Limited. We are a company registered in Scotland with company number SC696994 whose registered office is at Woodside Cottage, Wellheads, Buckie, Banffshire, United Kingdom, AB56 5HB. Our VAT registration number is 382 9068 65.
1. Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects ('flash cookies') and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users' actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website for the following purposes:
- to automatically recognise you whenever you visit the website to simplify your login process to save you time in future;
- keep track of the items you are searching or or have placed bids on;
- take you through the checkout process in relation to the purchase of goods through our Website;
- to keep track of our users requirements. We may analyse and research this data to improve our services and to help provide for our customers requirements;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable;
- track and monitor our website traffic to assist in improving our website to suit;
- specific cookies are used to identify specific users and improve your web browsing experience.
Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
2. Information Collected
We may obtain information about your computer or any other electronic device which you use to access our website, such as your IP address, your browser and/or other internet log information. We will treat this information as your personal information.
In certain circumstances we may also collect personal information about you but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g by completing an online form) or where you purchase goods or services from us.
3. Consent for Cookies
- Users shall be required to consent through a checkbox pop-up on the website homepage that they will need to answer in order to gain full access to the website.
- A banner/tick box will appear on the homepage for all users to opt in or out of.
4. Third-Party Cookies
- Your IP address and time of visit:
- the fact that you have visited our website;
- your name and/or social media profile;
- what you’ve viewed on the website.
5. Cookies and Similar Technologies Used on this Website
The following cookies/similar technologies are used on this website:
Third Party Cookies:
- Session cookies — allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain afterwards.
- Persistent cookies — stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them.
- Strictly necessary cookies — are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, you could not use our website properly.
- Performance cookies — collect information about how you use our website, for example which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies — allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and we cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies — also known as advertising cookies, are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our website and help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
6. How to Turn Off Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit aboutcookies.org or the Information Commissioner's webpage on cookies ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us by:
- e-mail: Info@highlandwhiskyauctions.com
- post: Woodside Cottage, Wellheads, Buckie, AB56 5HB, Scotland.
For further information on cookies generally, including how to control and manage them, visit the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
This policy is up to date as of: 14th July 2021.
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time and upon your engagement and use of the website, you are deemed to have read the most recent version.